The American Legion Library was established in 1923 and is located on the north end of the fourth floor of National Headquarters in Indianapolis. While the organization and building are not public, the library staff welcomes and strives to help Legionnaires, veterans and non-veterans alike. The Emil A. Blackmore Museum of The American Legion is located on the fourth floor of National Headquarters in Indianapolis, between the library and the National Executive Committee Room. The museum occupies two rooms: one a display of military and Legion-related items and the other a fine-art gallery. Emil A. Blackmore, the museum's namesake, served as the Legion’s national adjutant from July 1, 1956, until his death on April 21, 1967. Online exhibits based on museum collections are available at legionmuseum.omeka.net.
Dinner will be served as normal, and we are open at our normal hours!